Tagged by </a></b></a>amberfocus Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged.
1. My favorite color changes from time to time. It used to be either blue or green, but it's slowly turning to pink.
2. I'm incredibly logical minded and really dislike it when things don't make sense
from a logical standpoint.
3. I'm completely directionally challenged. Give me directions such as turn left at the Burger King, never North, South, East, or West (even though I have a compass in my car), and for God's sake NEVER give me a map...I'll end up driving into a large body of water out of sheer confusion.
4. I'm a dog person, not a cat person.
5. I dislike living in a chaotic, disorganized, or dirty space, but I don't like to clean, so when I can't stand the mess anymore I go on marathon cleaning sessions.
6. I'd like to go to law school...maybe. I'm still deciding on what to do following college.
7. I hate driving in snow (or rain) and cannot stand the cold - we get windchill temperatures below zero and regular temperatures in the 10s Fahrenheit.
8. I have horrific, illegible even to me handwriting. For written exams, I have to use a fountain pen to make my writing somewhat readable (and gradable).
9. I cannot spell - thank goodness for spell check!
10. I want to live in England.
11. My favorite vacation spot is either Disney World or my family's cottage depending on if I want people or peace and quiet.
12. I enjoy kayaking on the river at the cottage.
13. I love to sleep, but hate to waste the time on it and food, so I wish there was a pill or a way to remove the necessity of this.
14. I often get involved in work (reading, homework, surfing the net) and forget to eat, so I often have to set an alarm to remind myself to eat.
15. My favorite subject is Political Science...a good thing considering it's my major!
16. I spend way too much time online when I should be doing my homework or other work! (like right now!!)
16 people to tag... I tag: bethia
</lj> , thatlibrarylady
So, clearly, I'm not going too slowly. As one can tell by my NaNo count, I'm about 47,000 words behind. No problem, I can finish that in a day...if I write 44 words a minute for eighteen hours straight, completely ignore the cleaning that needs to be done to my flat and the research paper that's due on Monday that I haven't started...so maybe not. Oh well, there's always next year - though I hope I can finish the fic I was trying to write for NaNo well before then.
I'm finally feeling better after having the virus from hell for the last month - thank god for understanding professors! I may just pass this semester after all...if I can get that research paper written and do well on my finals.
The holidays are coming quickly, and that, too, is a blessing, though entirely stressful at the same time. No job for this Christmas means no extra money, but it also means that I can spend some time with my family and rest up for next semester, which will be a nightmare with the classes I have to take, all the remaining classes for my major being only offered winter semester of odd year. The good news is I've only got one semester remaining after the next before I can graduate, though it means that I won't be visiting England to study abroad, which really stinks, though in the current economic market it would have been difficult to manage it anyway. I certainly hope that the world economies recover quickly, but even more, I hope that my state recovers at least a little bit, else this summer looks beyond grim as there are already no jobs here and if the Big 3 go bankrupt, I'm nearly certain that Michigan will follow.
Well, enough of that depressing talk. I've got a 10-page paper to research and write. Joy.
Hope everyone's holidays are brilliant!
Dear Santa/SugarPlum Faeries/Spirit of the Holidays/Whoever\Whatever Might Be Listning:
I know it's early, but I wanted to make sure this letter was received. I've been extremely good this year and I only want one thing for Winter Holidays: David Tennant to remain in the TARDIS as the Doctor for several decades to come until we have to prise the keys to the role out of his cold, dead hands (many, many, many decades in the future - I'm thinking about 40 years will do nicely). This is, of course, in addition to his many other and varied roles to be played in the future.
I ask for nothing else, sod world peace, a decent President in the US, hell even sod the economy. All I want is David Tennant in the TARDIS forever.
Thank you in advance!
I think I may just cry...or crawl into a hole somewhere and drown my sorrows. David Tennant is leaving Doctor Who and the TARDIS for good following the 2009 specials! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This feels as though someone has ripped out my still-beating heart and is callously crushing it in their hands before me. It bloody well hurts!!
I'm in shock, I guess. I just can't believe he is leaving! I'm happy that he's happy, but it still feels as though someone has died. I may stop watching Who after he leaves, and I almost certainly will no longer buy the DVDs with the 11th Doctor. Even writing that feels wrong...the Eleventh Doctor. We haven't had the 10th Doctor long enough yet to be saying goodbye. Brave heart or not, it's much too soon!
On the other hand, this does mean that he will be appearing in other things...hopefully not just stage productions so those of us unfortunate enough to live outside the UK can see them, too. Other Tennant-y things will be good, the man is just so damn talented. Just, I for one will miss him terribly as the Doctor!
Stolen from amberfocus
and really happy with the results!
Your result for The Classic Dames Test...
You scored 21% grit, 38% wit, 24% flair, and 19% class!
You are one wise-cracking lady, always quick with a clever remark and easily able to keep up with the quips and puns that come along with the nutty situations you find yourself in. You're usually able to talk your way out of any jam, and even if you can't, you at least make it more interesting with your biting wit. You can match the smartest guy around line for line, and you've got an open mind that allows you to get what you want, even if you don't recognize it at first. Your leading men include Cary Grant and Clark Gable, men who can keep up with you.
Find out what kind of classic leading man you'd make by taking the
Classic Leading Man Test.
Take The Classic Dames Test at HelloQuizzy
1. Your entire Saturday evening is organized around Doctor Who.
2. You do not leave the sofa until the very, very end of the credits.
3. You own at least one Doctor Who DVD.
4. You wonder exactly why people are still staying in London at Christmas.
5. You buy any and every magazine or newspaper that has a Doctor Who related article.
6. The weeks after a series ends, you find yourself automatically checking BBC 1 on Saturday evening – just in case.
7. You spend a great deal of time trying to figure out all the different future outcomes of Earth, such as the Dalek Invasion of Earth in 2150, the movement of the planet by the Time Lords in Trial of a Time Lord, the destruction of Earth referred to in Hartnell's "The Ark", the destruction of it referred to in "Frontios", and the repopulation of it in The Sontaran Experiment.
8. You have cried at some point over the death/departure of one of the main characters.
9. Just because Doctor Who has finished it doesn’t mean you can have the TV – I’m watching Confidential
10. You would consider moving to Cardiff just for the chance to see it being filmed.( Reasons 11-65 hereCollapse )
Happy Birthday David Tennant!! Thank you for the years of Doctor Who (and may there be many more), and for all the loveliness of your other roles (HP GoF, Secret Smile, LA Without a Map, Recovery, to name a few). Many happy returns.
Okay, so this is totally taken from the Time and Chips community post, but here goes:
1. You say “Fantastic” all the time.
2. You see nothing wrong with spending over five hours searching for “Doctor Who” fanfics.
3. You beg your granny to teach you how to knit and make a long, multi-coloured scarf, ala the Fourth Doctor / Rose in “Boom Town”.
4. You spend hours trawling through fanfiction just to save them all on your favourites... and you have at least a hundred of them. Filed meticulously under 'Fanfiction', under 'Doctor Who'. And that's just the Rose/Doctor shippy ones.
5. You begin to fantasize about the Doctor during Maths when the teacher is droning on about simultaneous equations... uncaring that the reasonably fit lad next to you just revealed inches of his abdomen. If it isn't the Doctor’s, you just don't want to know.( Reasons 6-63 under cut...Collapse )
The First Rule Of Fandom
We are fandom. Earth logic need not apply.
The Sanity Corollary to the First Rule:
If you apply Earth logic to anything in fandom, do not expect sanity in return
But the fandom is crazy, and that is why so many of us fit in so well (I know that's why I fit so well :D)